Re: [fxtf-drafts] [filter-effects-1] What is the visual effect of filter() on the document element?

From: Dirk Schulze via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 11:44:47 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
@LeaVerou The problem are the details described in https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/282#issuecomment-385500389

@tabatkins correct me if I am wrong but we had this discussion especially because of `mix-blend-mode` and blending was one of the reasons we differ between the backdrop and `background` property on document root elements.

@mstange I agree that we need to be compatible with `mix-blend-mode`. Especially since `filter` provides blending as well. Either by SVG filter and `<feBlendMode>` filter primitive or by the `background-blur()` filter function in level 2.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dirkschulze
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/282#issuecomment-393504124 using your GitHub account