Re: [fxtf-drafts] filter should be defined to establish a containing block for fixed and absolutely positioned elements

From: Dirk Schulze via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2018 08:31:22 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
@isiahmeadows Filters create a containing block for descendants now. This means, the behavior of Firefox is following the spec with the edits from https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/commit/4081edacf7bc550a7391447504a16cc10136134c . The `filter` behaves like `transform` now.

I should probably modify this sentence as clarification:
> Any value other than `none` for the `filter` property causes the element to become a containing block, and the object acts as a containing block for fixed positioned descendants.

Just for completeness: `filter` also create a stacking context. The spec states that a couple paragraphs later.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dirkschulze
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/11#issuecomment-355732544 using your GitHub account