Re: [fxtf-drafts] Update content model of <mask> to match SVG 2 spec

From: CSS Meeting Bot via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 20:09:45 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
The Working Group just discussed `Update content model of <mask> to match SVG 2 spec`.

&lt;AmeliaBR> Topic: Update content model of &lt;mask> to match SVG 2 spec<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> GitHub: https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/10<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Dirk: The proposal is to add new SVG 2 elements to the list of valid children of &lt;mask>, and remove deprecated elements<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> ... my concern is, deprecated elements aren't completely removed, they are still defined in SVG 2<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Bogdan: My proposal would be to wait until we know what elements are finalized in SVG 2<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Amelia: My suggestion, if possible, would be to reference categories of elements defined in SVG 2, so that it updates automatically when SVG 2 changes.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Dirk: That still makes CSS Masking dependent on SVG 2.<br>
&lt;AmeliaBR> Amelia: I think that's OK. A spec can reference another one that is one level lower in the publishing process. And SVG 2 is technically CR, although we'll probably have to roll back to WD.<br>
</details>

--
GitHub Notification of comment by css-meeting-bot
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/10#issuecomment-368633501 using your GitHub account