Re: [fxtf-drafts] [geometry] return DOMPoint or DOMPointReadOnly accordingly, from matrixTransform method?

From: Domenic Denicola via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 14:33:19 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
Although I agree this would be a bit more idiomatic for JavaScript-created classes, and friendly toward author-created subclasses, it's pretty unprecedented for platform-implemented classes. I imagine it'd be tricky to implement given how most Web IDL bindings systems work, and not worth the churn.

So, I'd suggest not changing this, especially given that we have no reports of actual problems caused by this, and instead only theoretical ones. (I interpret "Just seems like..." differently from "I was trying to build an app that did X...")

--
GitHub Notification of comment by domenic
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/275#issuecomment-381620205 using your GitHub account