Re: [fxtf-drafts] [filter-effects] Why can't opacity() filter function ever increase opacity?

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 21:56:52 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
> I use it to make blurred edges more opaque (without also suddenly creating a solid background out of nothing).

PS. This is used in the nice SVG version of the  so-called "gooey" filter effect.  In contrast, the current all-shorthand version that is popular requires adding a solid background and using `contrast()`, which ruins colors.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/178#issuecomment-304396402 using your GitHub account