[fxtf-drafts] [css-masking] Define "raw geometry" for `<clipPath>` clipping

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2017 18:09:12 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
AmeliaBR has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts:

== [css-masking] Define "raw geometry" for `<clipPath>` clipping ==
The [CSS Masking module]() description of `<clipPath>` states (copying [SVG 1.1](https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/masking.html#EstablishingANewClippingPath) ):

> The raw geometry of each child element exclusive of rendering properties such as fill, stroke, stroke-width within a clipPath conceptually defines a 1-bit mask (with the possible exception of anti-aliasing along the edge of the geometry) which represents the silhouette of the graphics associated with that element. ...

"Raw geometry" isn't a defined term anywhere.  And some style properties _do_ affect the clipping result.  In addition to the `clip-path`, `display`, and `visibility` properties that are currently called out in the spec, all text layout & font-selections properties would affect `<text>` elements inside the clipping path, and all the SVG 2 geometric properties (attributes in SVG 1) and `transform`.  Possibly others I haven't thought of yet.

PS, See also #17, about expanding the content model for `<clipPath>`.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/170 using your GitHub account