[fxtf-drafts] [geometry] "Rectangles have the following properties:"

From: Simon Pieters via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2017 11:58:30 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
zcorpan has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts:

== [geometry] "Rectangles have the following properties:" ==
https://drafts.fxtf.org/geometry/#ref-for-rectangle-1

> Rectangles have the following properties:‚Äč

>From https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/pull/147#discussion_r115837856

> These don't serialize the origin, which implies to me origin might not be a peer of x/y/width/height, and as such might not belong in "Rectangles have the following properties:"

Moreover, the base geometry API should not talk about the edge of the viewport. That seems like it should be up to the APIs that return a `DOMRect` to define. (Probably this is a left-over from `ClientRect` from cssom-view.)

So... re-think how rectangles should be defined and used.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/150 using your GitHub account