Re: [fxtf-drafts] [filter-effects][css-masking] Should x, y, width, height on mask/filter elements map to SVG geometry properties?

From: Dirk Schulze via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 22:48:26 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
In an SVG WG meeting we clarified that this will not be the case for any kind of resources. IIRC Some browsers like Firefox do not have those elements in the rendering tree and it is currently not possible to compute the value.

In addition, the inheritance model might be too confusing since the position of the resource in the document counts.

Until we clarified all criteria we deferred the promotion to presentation attributes.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dirkschulze
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/25#issuecomment-307248203 using your GitHub account