Re: [fxtf-drafts] [css-motion] offset-* property names collide with logical properties

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 23:06:11 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
Yes, at the time we said, "Surely no one will ever mint a CSS property
 as generic as 'offset'". 😬 (There was even a spec issue about this
contemplating using `keyframeOffset` instead but that proved to
verbose for a commonly-used feature.)
I still think that we should not have renamed CSS motion properties
(since a memorable name is better than an accurate one) but I think
that ship has sailed. In Web Animation's we'll probably just add a
mapping for `cssOffset` to `offset` like we have for `cssFloat` .
Fortunately, you'll normally want to animate `offsetPoistion` rather
than the `offset` shorthand so this shouldn't crop up too often.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at