Re: [fxtf-drafts] [motion-1] Direction of offset-rotate at segment boundaries

From: ewilligers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 10:34:25 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
SVG markers, animateMotion, CSS Motion Path and 'b' path commands should all use consistent direction.

Ideally, the SVG spec would normatively describe direction, and the motion path spec would link.

An SVG pathAngleAtLength() function would be excellent. Other specs could link to that instead of [‘path’ element implementation notes](https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/implnote.html#PathElementImplementationNotes) (the most precise definition of direction in SVG 1.1). Web platform tests should cover 0 length paths like 'm 100 100 b -90'.

(I'm responsible for the Blink motion path implementation. I simply reused the internal function [PointAndNormalAtLength](https://cs.chromium.org/chromium/src/third_party/WebKit/Source/platform/graphics/Path.h?type=cs&q=PointAndNormalAtLength&l=93) used by animateMotion. Any bugs in that method should not be baked into the motion path spec.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by ewilligers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/209#issuecomment-320629536 using your GitHub account