[fxtf-drafts] [geometry] "The type of box is specified..."

From: Chris Rebert via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 06:57:26 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
cvrebert has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts:

== [geometry] "The type of box is specified..." ==
https://drafts.fxtf.org/geometry-1/#DOMRect

> Objects implementing the DOMRectReadOnly interface represent a rectangle.
> The type of box is specified by the method or attribute that returns a DOMRect or DOMRectReadOnly object.

https://drafts.csswg.org/css2/visuren.html uses "types of boxes" & "box's type" in reference to https://drafts.csswg.org/css2/visuren.html#box-gen , but I'm guessing this sentence intends to refer to https://drafts.csswg.org/css2/box.html#box-dimensions (content box vs. padding box vs. border box vs. margin box) instead? The wording could be clearer.

Also, the reference to a box comes as somewhat of a non-sequitur. Seems like the linkage between the box and the rectangle is missing.
E.g. "The type of box *which the rectangle represents* is..."

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/issues/128 using your GitHub account