Re: [fxtf-drafts] [motion] Interaction with positioning

From: Jihye Hong via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 08:42:34 +0000
To: public-fxtf-archive@w3.org
> This seems pretty sane, but just wanted to check that everyone is on
 board with this.

I agree with this.
We had quite a lot of discussion about the interaction between
offset-position (prev. polar-origin) and positioning and we need to
define how offset-position (something could be polar positioning)
interacts with position: absolute or position: relative or position:
fixed.

I think `offset-position` could be work as:
- If `< position >` is given to offset-position,
  - element is positioned as absolute positioning
  - `left`, `right`, `top`, `bottom `are ignored
- If `auto` is given to offset-position,
  - element is positioned as it was
eg) For a relatively positioned element, specifying offset-position:
auto to the same element doesn't change its positioning system.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jihyerish
Please view or discuss this issue at