Re: [geometry] DOMRectReadOnly serializer

On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 23:47:29 +0200, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:

> https://drafts.fxtf.org/geometry/#DOMRect
> <https://drafts.fxtf.org/geometry/#DOMRect>
>
> I think it’s a bit weird that DOMRectReadOnly uses "serializer = {
> attribute }”, since that will serialize all of { x, y, width, height,
> top, right, bottom, left }. I think it would make more sense to only
> serialize { x, y, width, height } since those are the underlying data.
>
> Simon

Previous emails on this topic:

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-fx/2014OctDec/0099.html
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-fx/2014OctDec/0100.html
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-fx/2014OctDec/0108.html

Spec changes:

https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/commit/75c3961700dcd8c8dde1d4fa16dba3fd1b717e17
https://github.com/w3c/fxtf-drafts/commit/7b5664a99dff3a3c3afd5085c65fea7ad7791d9c

So there were no strong opinions on this previously and we went with the
simple thing to serialize all members. I suppose it is still possible to
change this though...

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software