Re: [css-transforms] CSS3D issue with opacity in Chrome 53

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 1:15 AM, Andrew Prendergast <ap@vizdynamics.com>
wrote:

> Hi TJ,
>
> Thanks for the note.
>
> I looked over the various threads myself and I think the core issue is
> best summarised as follows:
>
> *Setting opacity is causing the side effect of modifying the
> transformation of child nodes and is highly unexpected.*
>
> Those working with SVG and CSS3D have provided detailed examples of why
> this is a problem.
>
> The fix is straightforward - setting opacity should only affect opacity.

Can you tell us how that would work?
Keep in mind that if you apply opacity to a group (=multiple elements), the
rendering of that group is defined here:
https://www.w3.org/TR/compositing-1/#groups