Re: Consider redefining The timing dictionaries

> On Aug 4, 2014, at 10:07 AM, "L2L 2L" <emanuelallen@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 4, 2014, at 8:55 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 6:30 PM, L2L 2L <emanuelallen@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> Forgive me for any... Novice-ness. I'm just so zeal about this object coming to browsers.
>>>
>>> And I feel that it's beautiful that it is combining CSS, SVG, RAF, etc w3c specs as possible to make this.
>>>
>>> I feel strongly that utilizing what's already there can make this object stronger.
>>>
>>> CSS working group is advancing with CSS properties and capabilities of what CSS can do; it'll be more beneficial to leverage off that as much as possible.
>>
>> This email is super-long and kinda hard to read, so let me see if I
>> can trim down your suggestions a bit.  Basically, you want Web Anim to
>> copy the CSS syntax more exactly:
>>
>> For the AnimationTiming dictionary, make it more like the
>> corresponding CSS syntax:
>>
>> * rename 'duration' property to 'animation-duration'
>> * rename 'iterations' property to 'animation-iteration-count'
>> * rename 'fill' property to 'animation-fill-mode'
>> * rename 'direction' property to 'animation-direction'
>> * rename 'delay' property to 'animation-delay'
>> * rename 'easing' property to 'animation-timing-function'
>> * add an 'animation' property that accepts a full CSS string of
>> everything but animation-name, and represents all the other values
>> correspondingly
>> * for all the properties, support "initial" and "inherit" (and
>> presumably "unset" and any other global keywords?)
>>
>> For the AnimationPlayer methods, somehow convert the
>> cancel()/finish()/play()/pause()/reverse() method into values for the
>> CSS animation-play-state property, and make them apply to
>> AnimationPlayer objects automatically.
>>
>> Is this an accurate summary of your email?
>>
>> ~TJ
>
> ... Truth be told, yes. This is a correct summary. But after reading this, that is outrages. People have put time and effort into this. I was zeal about what I have type up to send to you editors... But reading this, not that was foolish. Let not change it, but let one also defined all via CSS properties:
>
> Syntax:
>
> // the syntax on what I'm proposing
>
> var anim = new Animation(
> ELEMENT_NODE,
> [{CSS PRESENTATION PROPERTIES}],
> {CSS ANIMATION/TRANSITION/TRANSFORM PROPERTIES},
> TIMING VALUE);
>
> Example:
>
> var anim = new Animation(
> element_node,
> [{ left: "25px" },{left: "50px"}],
> {animation: "linear 2s infinite"},
> 3000);
>
> /*the time value set the duration for everything, but I decided, that I would like for the left property to be one second faster and with an ease-in effect*/
> var anim = new Animation(
> element_node,
> [{ left: "25px" },{left: "50px"}],
> [...]

A couple of mistake on my proposal was just pointed out to me on GitHub:

All non-valid CSS properties name; let it either be defined via it's scripting alternative name:

  var anim = elem.animate(
{ opacity: 0 },
{animationDuration:"3s"});

Or via string: