Re: [geometry] is2D

On Jun 7, 2014, at 7:12 AM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 10:06 PM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze@adobe.com> wrote:
>

> On Jun 7, 2014, at 6:57 AM, "Rik Cabanier" <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> is2D [1] is a function that takes no arguments, doesn't change the state and returns a boolean.
>> Is there any reason why we can't turn it into a readonly attribute?
> What is the benefit and cost for either of both?
>
> It's likely the same. It just seems like this should be attribute since the function has no side effects when you call it.

Most of the informational methods[1] do not heave any side effects and don’t take arguments. I think it looks weird to make some of them attributes. IMO it is easier to understand if we stick to just having m11 to m44, a to f being attributes. We can discuss it on the next call.

Greetings,
Dirk

[1] http://dev.w3.org/fxtf/geometry/#informational-methods