Re: Filter Effects and High DPI

On Mar 15, 2013, at 1:50 PM, Gregg Tavares <gman@google.com> wrote:

> This brings up an issue that I don't *think* is addressed by the current custom filters proposal?
>
> In custom filters, assuming they use GLSL, there are global values available. For example
>
>      gl_FragCoord
>
> that are in device coordinates. If we want CSS custom filters to be device independent the spec will probably need to mention that shaders using gl_FragCoord are disallowed or else that implementations must re-write the shader so that gl_FragCoord is in CSS pixels and not device pixels.

gl_FragCoord must be in device coordinates to provide access to the texture data. For shaders it doesn't makes sense that the pixel information ar win CSS coordinates. Ditto for the textureSize uniform which represents the actual texture size. I added a description to the spec to clarify this fact.

Greetings,
Dirk