[css-masking] Dropping mask-attachment, mask-origin and mask-clip

…

…

> I think the case for dropping mask-attachment is pretty strong, given
> Webkit doesn't implement it, no-one has presented any use-cases, and
> background-attachment:fixed is a real pain so mask-attachment:fixed
> probably would be too.

Agreed.

> I think we could also drop mask-origin and mask-clip. OTOH they're not
> very hard to implement so you could argue we should just keep them for
> increased consistency with backgrounds. I tend to favour parsimony, so
> dropping them unless/until there are use-cases, but I wouldn't object to
> keeping them.

Would dropping mask-origin and always behaving as if it was "padding-box"
mean that the mask would never leave any border and padding visible?
Granted, controlling that doesn't sound too useful, and apparently nobody
did it. I couldn't get it to work in Chrome, though, so maybe it's not
popular only because it's not straightforward to use.

mask-clip seems to be redundant with actually specifying border/padding or
not. I think it can go.

--
Leif Arne Storset
Layout Developer, Opera Software