Re: [Public WebGL] [filters] Shading language recommendation

On Aug 22, 2012, at 12:43 AM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the spirit of collaboration, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, say hi to each other.
>
> Microsoft, you can't agree to GLSL
> The others, you can't agree to IESL
>
> Now everybody get together. Group hug. Great, now work something out, I don't care what, that works the same. If you need to invent some new shading language that appeals to everybody do so. You don't serve your internal politics, standards are not some intellectual game.  Make it work for the world, your users and the web.

Florian, your comments are completely inappropriate for this forum. You have every right to produce any rant you like on your personal website. But we are here to do work and not lambast one member because of perceived evil intent. Sylvain has raised a legitimate issue, which we are discussing in a civilized way. Please take your personal attacks and rants elsewhere.

I'll respond to the legitimate issues raised in a separate post...

-----
~Chris Marrin
cmarrin@apple.com