Re: [compositing] linear-dodge (add) blend mode?

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM, Marco Aurélio <thecoreh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah. For some reason my message got stuck. I figured it was somehow
> lost so I sent it again. Sorry about that. There are now two entries
> for Wednesday on the archives, which is strange.
>
> Regarding the blending modes, perhaps we could have all the Photoshop
> modes that are missing? That would be 'linear dodge', 'linear burn',
> 'divide', 'linear light', 'pin light', 'vivid light', 'lighter color',
> 'darker color' and 'hard mix'. I personally would leave out 'dissolve'
> because frankly I've never seen anyone using it.

I can look into that.
Do you think this is high priority? Are could it wait until the next
revision?
I know that the open source browsers don't have support built in for those,
so it might take longer to implement.

> Another thing I think would be interesting: Blend modes that take in
> account pixels other than the one immediately "behind" the current
> pixel. For instance, having a "blur" blend mode where the luminosity
> of each pixel on the image determines a blur radius to be applied to
> the background. That would allow for interesting "tilt shift
> photography" effects, as well for stuff like the windows on Windows
> Vista/7.
>
> I'm not sure if implementing this would viable, specially on mobile
> hardware. But it might not be a problem since we already have stuff
> like the blur filter in place. Special care would also need to be
> taken to ensure all luminosity values take the same time to execute,
> as you pointed out on section 9 of the spec.

Yes.
It would be nice if we could create custom blenders and compositors but the
current driver architecture does not allow us to make this secure.
I think we can revisit this later...

Do you know of any software that is doing this?