Re: [css3-transforms] transform-origin syntax: 3D vs. background-position

On 02/23/2012 09:50 AM, Tavmjong Bah wrote:

> I strongly prefer 5. This is what I would have guessed was meant if I
> hadn't read this discussion. It is too bad one can't simply write "left
> (bottom - 10px)".

Introduce logical keywords, and the calc syntax stops making so much sense.

   background-position: end (after - 10px);

The position in question is inside the box in LTR, but in RTL it would be
outside the box. Which is not useful.

(Though wrt replacing calc() with just parentheses, I agree on that point. :)

~fantasai