Re: drop-shadow filter vs. a separate property

Hi Chris,

I agree that doing a drop shadow as a separate property makes sense.
I can't recall an example in Flash where a user needed to apply filters
after doing a shadow. There are cases where artwork with a drop
shadow comes into view with an alpha transition but in that case, the alpha
filter can be applied before the drop shadow.

However, my fear is that this will create some push back from the WG's
since it is yet another property that enters the CSS namespace.
Also, the drop shadow property will be very similar to text-shadow which
might lead to confusion...

Rik