Re: Filters on HTML question

Dean Jackson was going to draft a preliminary spec for CSS filters but he
didn't submitted it yet.

I believe the thinking was to define filter similar to how Explorer defines
them and not similar SVG like your proposal.
So, more like:

filter: emboss(params), dropshadow(params),...

We haven't discussed the compositing but your suggestion sounds reasonable.

Rik