Re: CSS Animations Targeting SVG attributes

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:

> Since we're omitting the <filter>-related attributes due to CSS
> Filters, perhaps we could omit the gradient-related attributes due to
> CSS Gradients?  CSS and SVG gradients have a trivial mapping, albeit
> not one that can be expressed directly in CSS.

We already have stop-opacity and stop-color properties for SVG gradients.

My main concern about omitting properties is that it won't make any sense
for authors. Also, if one engine breaks ranks and implements them, all the
others will want to too. I'm not sure if we can, or should, attempt to hold
a line here.

Rob