Re: Filter Templates

Hi, folks-

Cameron McCormack wrote (on 2/26/11 11:30 PM):
> Robert O'Callahan:
>>  In particular, I'd like to see SVG filters extended with the ability to
>>  write filter primitives using WebGL shaders ---<feGL>.
>
> Yeah.
>
>>  And I'd like to see SVG filters (and other resources) support
>>  parameters you can pass via the referencing CSS.
>
> I think SVG Parameters should allow that, via URL query string
> parameters:
>
>    http://dev.w3.org/SVG/modules/param/publish/SVGParamPrimer.html

Yes, I intended to make a filters example, but haven't gotten around to
it.  It should works fairly seamlessly (though my script is a total hack).

I would prefer to see a generic solution (params or something like it),
rather than a specific mechanism just for filters.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs