Re: [css3-images] Defining SVG paint servers as a CSS <image>

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 4:08 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 6:13 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Is there any particular reason you're using element() instead of url() for
>> this?
>>

> Yes. No spec defines background:url(file.svg#pattern) to fill with the
> pattern. An SVG 1.2 draft suggested that we should treat the entire file.svg
> as an SVG image and align the viewport to the referenced element (much like
> <a> does, I guess). In the absence of a spec, the default behavior for all
> UAs is to simply load file.svg as an image and ignore the fragment. We
> didn't want to just change that arbitrarily.

(especially when it was clear that some people wanted it to behave in a
different way)

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our