Re: [css3-images] Defining SVG paint servers as a CSS <image>

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 9:17 PM, Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com> wrote:

> I think Firefox has some support of this for the 'background' property when
> used with SVG images, correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think all aspects of
> that is defined, e.g what coordinate space to use if you reference a
> sub-svg. Also see the fragment syntax defined for svg[1]. If that syntax
> applies then you could use one svg with several views defined as an option.

We support using background:-moz-element() to reference an SVG pattern. See
http://hacks.mozilla.org/2010/08/mozelement/. It's pretty easy to define;
the object that you're filling with the pattern is just a rectangle the size
of the background image as determined by background-size etc --- the same as
it would be for an SVG image without intrinsic dimensions.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our