Re: generators in filters (or maybe even "anywhere there are images")

On Apr 19, 2011, at 6:44 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> Stripes are already doable with linear gradients.  It turns out that
> you can get a checkerboard with just two linear gradients combined
> together <http://leaverou.me/css3patterns/>.  I dunno about
> haloes/star shines, but I'm not averse to them if they're useful.

Those are pretty amazing examples. And it re-inforces my belief that 'background-size' and 'background-position' are the most natural way to get repeating patterns of gradients (check out "polka dot' for instance). And they even have stars there.