Re: Minutes, 22 November FX taskforce call

On Nov 29, 2010, at 9:26 AM, Patrick Dengler wrote:

> I have been out the last week so I apologize for the delay.  I wanted to ask a question on the transforms.
>
> Has any consideration been given yet to merging 2d and 3d transforms as we discussed at the joint meeting in Lyon?

2D and 3D Transforms were originally in the same spec, but were separated out because we thought it much more likely that we'd get implementations of 2D transforms first (which indeed has happened), so the 2D spec could be allowed to advance more quickly than the 3D spec.

Simon