Subject: Re: Should the base svg element support CSS or trigger events? (test suite)
From: smfr@me.com
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 20:26:37 -0700
CC: fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net; public-fx@w3.org
To: kevinar18@hotmail.com

On Sep 8, 2010, at 6:58 pm, Kevin Ar18 wrote:

I am trying out the pointer-event="none" concept.  I modified the test suite and attached it to this email.  See the zip file.  I tested Firefox, Opera, and Webkit.  Maybe someone else can help me test IE9 or any other engines out there?

BTW, here's how I did it code-wise:
<svg pointer-events="none"><g pointer-events="visible">
... normal svg content...
</g></svg>
It does make for "dirtier" code, but that's what would be required if using pointer-events="none"

Results:
Firefox: Good enough to use now (near 100% pass)
Opera: Good enough to use now in some cases (inline SVG fails 100%).
Webkit: Fails 100%; unusable now.

WebKit (Safari 5.0.1 on Mac) passes the attached basic_test.html, and gets all green on browser_tests.xhtml in the zip file (I did not go through the rest of the tests).

What version are you testing?
Simon