RE: Should the base svg element support CSS or trigger events? (test suite)

I am trying out the pointer-event="none" concept.  I modified the test suite and attached it to this email.  See the zip file.  I tested Firefox, Opera, and Webkit.  Maybe someone else can help me test IE9 or any other engines out there?

BTW, here's how I did it code-wise:
<svg pointer-events="none"><g pointer-events="visible">
... normal svg content...
</g></svg>
It does make for "dirtier" code, but that's what would be required if using pointer-events="none"

Results:
Firefox: Good enough to use now (near 100% pass)
Opera: Good enough to use now in some cases (inline SVG fails 100%).
Webkit: Fails 100%; unusable now.

The Webkit one is surprising.  Everyone keeps telling me it works.  So either I'm doing something wrong, or people misunderstood.  Can anyone get Webkit to work?  I have attached an extremely basic test case (doesn't cover all features) that maybe someone can find out what I did wrong.

Full test results are as follows:

Basic Summaries:
Firefox: Good enough to use now
Opera: Good enough to use now in some cases (inline SVG has a big issue).
Webkit: Totally unusable now.

>Gecko 2010 08 24
>Firefox 4.0b5pre
Automated:
PASSES: 1,2,3,4 (7of 8)
FAILS: 1.8, 2.8, 3.8, 4.8 (does not support mousewheel event)
Conclusion: Not sure about the mousewheel issue (if it's non-standard or not).
Manual:
PASSES: 1all,3all,4all,5all,6all,7all,
FAILS: 2.1, 8.4, 8.5 (not really issues? Firefox does not appear to have any SVG context ... making this a moot point.)
Conclusion: Not sure about the lack of SVG context menu.

>Opera 10.61.3484
Automated:
PASSES: 1,2,3
FAILS: 4(all8)
Conclusion: Opera does not work for inline svg (test 4)
Manual:
PASSES: 1all,2all,3all,5all,7all,8all
FAILS: 4all, 6 (not sure why)
Conclusion: Opera does not work for inline svg; I am uncertain about test 6.

>Webkit 7533.18.5 (r66933)
Safari 5.0.2
Automated:
PASSES: 2 (all)
FAILS: 1,3,4 (all)
Problem: Webkit is causing the svg element to be the event target and a blocking layer to content underneath
Manual:
PASSES: 2, 6, 8
FAILS: 1, 2.1, 3, 5, 7
?: 4