Re: [css21][css3][svg] SVG and unit-less length values

On 8/13/10 5:51 AM, Dr. Olaf Hoffmann wrote:
> ??? If we just restrict the discussion currently on device pixels,

CSS px and device px are not the same thing.

You're right that the CSS definition is not "1/96 in", of course; it's
much more complicated.

> At least Mozilla/Gecko determine the proper size using the
> correct resolution for device pixels

This is no longer the case as of last night.  We now define 'in' to be
96 css px (whatever number of device pixels that is), as other UAs do;
too many web sites depend on that.

Note that the CSS spec will almost certainly be changing to require this.

-Boris