Use of CSS in SVG (was: css clip property)

Hi, Boris-

Boris Zbarsky wrote (on 2/16/10 1:15 PM):

> As far as I'm concerned, the entire mess with CSS use in SVG wherein SVG
> uses the same names for different things is completely broken. Either
> tracking CSS without modifying it or not using CSS at all would have
> been better than the current state of affairs.

We've formed a new task force (the Effects TF, or FXTF) with the CSS to
make sure we align and coordinate better going forward.  If you could
list some of the CSS properties with conflicts in SVG, we could look at
them more closely in that context (especially for SVG 2.0).

(FWIW, I think it was reasonable in this instance for SVG to use the
'clip' property as defined in CSS2.0... there was no indication that
that definition was unstable.  We will have to see how this can be
resolved.  I think it may be best to align with CSS2.1, since I think
'clip-path' is used more than 'clip'; even though I think the new
definition is really whacky.)

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs