Re: XForms expression module diff version

This looks great, Nick.
It is a little hard to tell whether green versus yellow means change
versus add (the norm for W3C) or whether green means add and yellow means
change (the norm for normal people who relate the color to what has
conceptually happened).
For example, the eval() and eval-in-context() shows up mostly green, but
it is added content, not changed content.  Functions like parse and
serialize are added, but are yellow.  Similarly, the pre-existing examples
in adjust-dateTime-to-timezone() have added words that showed up in green,
and a whole new example that showed up yellow.
Again, I don't think the distinction matters much since an addition is
just a special kind of change, and so having color in the right places is
what's important, and so I think it's good to go.  If you're showing diffs
relative to 1.1 content, then maybe the diff marking around the editors
seems reversed :-)

Not to do with this document in particular, but I'm surprised W3C still
let's red and green be used for diff marking, given emphasis on
accessibility.

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Distinguished Engineer, IBM Forms and Smarter Web Applications
IBM Canada Software Lab, Victoria
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/johnboyerphd
Blog RSS feed: