Re: Submission Request-Response IDs (concurrent submit)

It may be that "single concurrent submission" made it easy to untangle the
why we kept the feature, so I think the transaction ID proposal won't fix
the issue we were solving when we kept that feature.

As far as I can recall, the rationale was user-centric. It is easy to make
a form that avoids multiple submission initiated by user impatience or
user error.  Since there is currently no real submission progress
indicator, a user may be inclined to press a submit or trigger a second
time to activate a submission.  Or the user may just hit the submit or
trigger twice as a slip of the finger.  Either way, the part of activation
most likely to be associated with a billable event is the submission, and
the current design ensures the user is not billed multiple times.

It's not that submission is the ideal place to make the restriction, so
lifting the restriction could be fine if it were done in tandem with
adding an *easy* way to prevent submit *and* trigger controls from running
multiple submission transactions.

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Distinguished Engineer, IBM Forms and Smarter Web Applications
IBM Canada Software Lab, Victoria
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Blog RSS feed: