Re: XForms 1.1 erratum for select and select1 and ordering of help/hint/alert/action

John,

I don't want to create more work than needed for such a small change.

It's just a shame that we have to specify our grammar in an unsatisfactory
way just because XML Schema is too weak to accomodate something that simple.
In other words XML Schema shows once again to be the wrong tool to describe
or supplement our grammar.

And I say unsatisfactory because the trend on the web these days is not to
constrain more, but to constrain less, and certainly not to constrain when
unnecessary. Here the restriction seems unnecessary both for implementors
and form authors - it just seems necessary for the schema authors ;)

And then there is what we say in the spec and schema, and what
implementations and form authors will actually do. My guess is that
implementations typically do not enforce these constraints in general,
simply because there is no need to. If that's the case, our schema is kind
of irrelevant for this particular purpose.

This said I don't have a good solution either (except for dropping XML
Schema altogether but that's probably another topic).

-Erik