Re: corrections in or related to XForms 1.1 submission module.

I received action 2009-10-14.3 [1] to propose new wording for XForms 1.1 section 6.1.4. to address the following issue:

    From: Vlad Trakhtenberg <vladt@ca.ibm.com>
    Instance data nodes with this property evaluating to false are not
    serialized for submission.
    This seems to ignore the relevant="false" attribute of submission.

I recommend that we remove the sentence "Instance data nodes with this property evaluating to false are not serialized for submission" from section 6.1.4, for the following reasons:

1. The large paragraph in 6.1.4 already says "For example, it is possible for non-relevant nodes to be excluded from the data of a submission."  This correctly expresses the effect of the relevant MIP on submission without adding imprecise normative language.

2. The normative behavior of submission with respect to the relevant MIP is defined in section 11.1, The Submission Element and in Section 11.2, step 3.

If the WG agrees to this wording, I will respond on behalf of the group to www-forms and www-forms-editor.

Leigh.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms/2009Oct/att-0025/2009-10-14.html#ACTION3