FW: Spec examples probably incorrect

I agree with Aaron.

-----Original Message-----
From: www-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:www-forms-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Aaron Reed
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 1:59 PM
To: www-forms@w3.org
Subject: Spec examples probably incorrect

Hi,

I mentioned this to Leigh and Keith, but I figured I'd bring this up to
the whole group, too.

One of our users said that the spec has an example of event() being used
with xf:output in a @ref and he was right ->
http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms11/#submit-evt-submit-error which I believe
is incorrect.  I also think that the xf:message with event() being used
in a @ref example under http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms11/#structure-model
is incorrect, too.

Leigh mentioned that perhaps allowing @value on a xf:message might not
be a bad idea, especially for reporting errors and I think he is right.
  It would be pretty useful.  Embedding a xf:output inside the
xf:message isn't exactly difficult, but it might not be quickly thought
of by an author.  If we don't go with @value on a xf:message, how about
putting an example of embedding a xf:output inside a xf:message inside
the message section of the spec?

--Aaron