Re: Questions related to "Add support for default values without the need of an instance element"

Nick,

please see my comments inline.

On Wed, March 12, 2008 12:28 pm, Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com
wrote:
> All,
>
> While creating the contents for the XForms 1.2 feature "Add support for
> default values without the need of an instance element" I ran across some
> questions the group has to get consensus on, before I can continue:
>
> Wiki page :
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/wiki/Add_support_for_default_values_without_the_need_of_an_instance_element
>
> If the answer to all the following questions is 'Yes' then I think I can
> create a canonical XForms version but I just want to know the group
> beliefs that a positive answer to this questions is desirable:
>
> 1) Does the initial value gets reinforced when the user sets the value of
> the control to the empty string? Yes

No, I don't think so. It would prevent the user from deleting values on
purpose. The default value should only be reinforced upon xforms-reset.

> 2) Does the initial value only gets applied if the initial text content of
> the bound node is empty? Yes

Ok.

> 3) Does the initial value gets applied when a control is created due to
> the insertion of a node and its text content is empty? Yes

Ok.

> 4) Does the initial value gets reinforced when the node to which the
> control was bound changes and the text content of the new node is empty?
> Yes

No, see above.

Regards,
Uli.