Re: [access-control] Forms WG comments on Access Control WD

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 23:40:37 +0100, Klotz, Leigh <Leigh.Klotz@xerox.com>
wrote:
> Therefore, we believe that recommendations to XForms user agent authors
> are in order.  (We note that the fact that XForms cross-site access is
> supported by some implementations was discussed at the 2007/11/05 WAF
> meeting [1].)

Yes. The idea is that specifications that use the mechanism have a set of
user agent requirements for non same-origin requests.

> The Forms WG has directed me to make the following two requests:
>
> Request 1:
> The Forms WG requests that the WAF WG include in the next Working Draft
> Introduction a mention of XForms submission, to supplement the current
> list of XMLHttpRequest, XBL 2.0, and HTML 5.   Text for corresponding
> sections, if required, can be TBD (see request 2).

For the mentioned specifications we have drafts that actually point out
Access Control as a solution. We don't have that for XForms yet or XSLT
for that matter.

> Request 2:
> The Forms WG would like to continue to work with a representative from
> WAF to develop a joint proposal for taking advantage of access control
> in XForms.  The goal would be to develop the following:
>
> - text for the access-control WD section on use case and goals for
> XForms integration

Why do you think more text for the access-control document is needed?

> - best practice for taking advantage of access-control in XForms 1.1
>
> As noted in Requirement 10 of your current WD, it's likely that no
> changes to markup XForms markup will be required.  However, the XForms
> WG or WAF (or both) may choose to issue a note offering guidance to user
> agent implementers.
>
> I've been assigned to work with WAF on this issue for the Forms WG.
> We ask that WAF nominate a member to work with me to help achieve these
> goals.

I'm willing to take a look at what's drafted for the XForms specification
to make sure it uses Access Control correctly. If more is needed maybe Art
can suggest someone.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>