Re: Question about 9.3.3 Repeat Processing note

Hi Erik,

First, please note that the language changed slightly in the editor's
draft due to prior analysis.  Apparently, there is no such thing as
reaching the target in the capture phase, so the words have been amended
to reflect that fact.

Second, we did once upon a time have long discussions about the insert
action behavior, and concluded that the insert action would *do* the
insertion and then, after the insertion was completed, it would dispatch
xforms-insert as a notification that the action had taken place.  So, it
was intentional that the behavior of insert was not assigned to be the
default action of the event.

The language about repeat index is there because we don't want there to be
a tight coupling between the module that offers the insert action and the
module that offers repeat.

Is there a reason to revisit the status of xforms-insert/xforms-delete as
notification events (for XForms 1.2 or later)?

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Senior Technical Staff Member
Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher