Re: First drafts of XPath functions module and Binding attributes module now done

Hi John,

Great work.

I've only scanned them, but one quick comment on the XPath functions
module is that it incorporates the XPath 1.0 core functions.

I was thinking that the XForms XPath functions module would simply be
a list of functions that anyone could use, giving them useful features
like credit card checking, encryption, date manipulation, etc. But
whether they incorporate XPath core -- and indeed which version of
XPath core they choose -- is entirely up to them.

Obviously that means that XForms 1.2 would need to incorporate both
the XPath 1.0 core functions, *and* this new XForms XPath functions
module, but it also means, for example, that XForms 2 could choose to
incorporate XPath 2, whilst still incorporating this same XForms
function module.

Regards,

Mark

--