Re: [XForms 1.1] i18n comment: IRIs for external schema locations possible? (PR#8)

Hi Felix,

I would like to take this opportunity to provide a little context  for the
response than that which appeared in the prior response.  I would then
like to see whether that context helps to make the response more
satisfactory for now.

First, the spec that we normatively reference, XML Schema 1.0 Second
Edition, defines xs:anyURI datatype in terms of RFC 2396, RFC 2732, and
the algorithm in Section 5.4 of XLink [1].  It does not refer to RFC 3987
at all, as this document came out after XML Schema 1.0 Second Edition.

The working group decided to defer to a future version upgrading the XML
Schema engines required by XForms processors and design tools.

And the more important fact, which responds to your response, is that the
working group decided that upgrading to XPath 2.0 is a future feature
scheduled for XForms 2.0, so the citation you gave of XPath 2.0 amounts to
another pointer to a feature that is not within the scope of XForms 1.1.
In other words, all of this functionality is amounting to requests for
features that are not in the XForms 1.1 requirements (
http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms-11-req/).

So, our response was not rejecting the request, but rather committing to
adding this issue into the requirements stream of the appropriate version
of XForms containing numerous requirements related to this request,

Could you let us know if this information makes it possible to accept the
resolution (understood grudgingly) with the understanding that it is on
the agenda for our future.

Thank you,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org>
Sent by: www-forms-editor-request@w3.org
09/18/2007 08:43 AM

Nick Van den Bleeken <xforms-issues@mn.aptest.com>
cc
www-forms-editor@w3.org, public-i18n-core@w3.org
Subject
Re: [XForms 1.1] i18n comment: IRIs for external schema locations
possible? (PR#8)

Hello Nick again, all,

i18n core discussed your response and my reply at our call today. The
Working Group endorsed my reply as a Working Group comment.

Felix