Re: new hash attribute for input ?

Hi Julien,

I hope that this is good news too.

We also added the hmac function[1], this function has as first parameter a
key or shared secret and uses the HMAC algorithm. This allows you to
protect your form against a replay attack.

Regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken  -  Research & Development
Inventive Designers
Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com
[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-xforms11-20070222/#fn-hmac

public-forms-request@w3.org wrote on 09/04/2007 07:54:48 PM:

> thanks for this good news, Nick.
>
> Sadly, it think an important option string, said the salt/nonce like
> in HTTP Digest Auth, so you can have a protection against replay attack.

> Any plan to correct this ?
>
> thanks
> regards
>

> ---------[ Received Mail Content ]----------
> Subject : Re: new hash attribute for input ?
> Date : Tue, 4 Sep 2007 08:46:40 +0200
> From : Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com
> To : Julien TOUCHE <julien.touche@lycos.com>
> Cc : public-forms@w3.org, public-forms-request@w3.org
>
> Hi Julien,
>
> In XForms 1.1 we already added the digest function [1]. It allows you to

> specify the hash algorithm like the "hash" attributes in webforms2.
>
> It also has an optional parameter that indicates the encoding parameter,

> to let you overide the default base64 encoding with hex encoding.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nick Van den Bleeken - Research & Development
> Inventive Designers
> Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
> Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
> Email: Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com
>
> PS: The samples still use the old name (hash-encode) of the function,
but
> this already corrected in the cvs version of XForms 1.1.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-xforms11-20070222/#fn-digest

Inventive Designers' Email Disclaimer: