Re: XForms WG comments on SMIL 3.0 LCWD

Thierry -- for the Forms WG, this is to acknowledge that we accept the
resolution of all of our comments on the SMIL 3.0 LC working draft, as
discussed during our joint F2F last week.

Thanks, Charlie Wiecha

         Re: XForms WG comments on SMIL 3.0 LCWD

         Thierry Michel
                      to:
                        Charles F Wiecha
                                                                                1
                                                                                1
                                                                                /
                                                                                1
                                                                                3
                                                                                /
                                                                                0
                                                                                7
                                                                                0
                                                                                9
                                                                                :
                                                                                0
                                                                                2

         Cc:
            public-forms, www-smil

Charles,

Following our joint F2F XForms and SYMM WG, I beleive we have resolved
all issues.
Could you please reply that you agree with all the SYMM WG responses to
your SMIL 3.0 LC comments

# LC-1844 XForms-8, Charles F Wiecha , 15. SMIL 3.0 State, question,
# LC-1845 XForms-9, Charles F Wiecha , 15. SMIL 3.0 State, question,
# LC-1847 XForms-11, Charles F Wiecha , 15. SMIL 3.0 State, question,
# LC-1851 XForms-15, Charles F Wiecha , 15. SMIL 3.0 State, question,
# LC-1837 XForms -1, Charles F Wiecha , 15. SMIL 3.0 State, general
# LC-1840 XForms-4, Charles F Wiecha , 15. SMIL 3.0 State, substantive,
# LC-1841 XForms-5, Charles F Wiecha , 15. SMIL 3.0 State, substantive,
# LC-1848 XForms-12, Charles F Wiecha , 15. SMIL 3.0 State, substantive,
# LC-1849 XForms-13, Charles F Wiecha , 15. SMIL 3.0 State, substantive,
# LC-1850 XForms-14, Charles F Wiecha , 15. SMIL 3.0 State, substantive,
# LC-1838 XForms-2, Charles F Wiecha , 15. SMIL 3.0 State, editorial,
# LC-1839 XForms-3, Charles F Wiecha , 15. SMIL 3.0 State, editorial,
# LC-1842 XForms-6, Charles F Wiecha , 15. SMIL 3.0 State, editorial,
# LC-1843 XForms-7, Charles F Wiecha , 15. SMIL 3.0 State, editorial,
# LC-1846 XForms-10, Charles F Wiecha , 15. SMIL 3.0 State, editorial,

Thank you.

  F Wiecha wrote:
> [...]
>> be
>> targeted -- making some use cases difficult.  A common use case is to
>> query
>> for data that is dependent on some values first obtained from the user
>> (for
>> example a US state) then to return the list of valid city names in
>> that
>> state in a second instance.  Lacking support for multiple state
>> elements
>> this pattern would be difficult.  XForms 1.1 does allow targeting
>> subtrees
>> of an instance hence the author could partition the single data model
>> support this pattern by convention, albeit with more difficulty than
>> if
>> multiple state elements are supported.
>

> Working Group Resolution (LC-1849):
> We have picked up the target attribute from XForms 1.1 submission.
>
> No further Forms comments.
>
> ----
>
> Your comment on 15. SMIL 3.0 State:
>> 3. Are attributes supported in the SMIL 3.0 data model?
>>
>> We don't see examples where attributes are used or supported in the
>> SMIL
>> 3.0 data model -- for example in the setvalue action.  Please clarify
>> whether SMIL 3.0 supports only elements or attributes as well.  If
>> attributes are supported, will a setvalue that references a
>> non-existent
>> attribute also create that attribute as it does in XForms?
>

> Working Group Resolution (LC-1839):
> The examples were picked to be as simple as possible, as to be easily
> translated to other data model languages than XPath. That said, the
> expressions and lvalues allowed are completely governed by that language,
> so setting attributes with XPath is definitely allowed, as is, for
> example, accessing complex datastructures if Python is used as the data
> model language. We will add an informative note to that effect.
>
> No further Forms comments.
>
> ----
>
> Your comment on 15. SMIL 3.0 State:
>> 6. Section 15.6.5 additional data model examples would be quite useful.
>>
>> Additional examples in this section could be provided to clarify some
>> of
>> the questions raised above -- e.g. the support for attributes, insert
>> position, whether delete is supported etc.
>

> Working Group Resolution (LC-1842):
> We will add some more examples.
>
> No further Forms comments.
>
> ----
>
> Your comment on 15. SMIL 3.0 State:
>> 7. In Section 15.6.6 do we assume XML/DOM event processing?
>>
>> It is not clear whether the events listed, stateChange and
>> contentControlChange, follow DOM/XML event processing including
>> bubble/capture processing etc.
>

> Working Group Resolution (LC-1843):
> The section has been updated to state that no these events don't bubble.
> similar change has been made to the normative section in the SMIL
Language
> Profile.
>
> Forms comments: We see there is no bubble phase, but do they have a
capture
> phase? Could you please clarify if SMIL is using is this some level of
DOM