Re: Please construct a task force charter

Hi,

I'm Nick Van den Bleeken, and my company joined the XForms WG a couple of
years ago. My company has a product that uses XForms in combination with
XSL-FO and XHTML.

I'm looking forward to work with you all.

Regards,

Nick Van den Bleeken  -  Research & Development
Inventive Designers
Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Nick_Van_den_Bleeken@inventivegroup.com

public-forms-tf-request@w3.org wrote on 08/30/2007 02:36:29 AM:

> Hi Maciej,
>
> > Is there anybody out there? Could we start by
> > introducing ourselves?
>
> :)
>
> I'm Mark Birbeck, and I'm an Invited Expert on the XForms and XHTML 2
> groups. My company develops formsPlayer, an IE plug-in that supports
> XForms, and Sidewinder, a desktop application framework based on web
> technologies.
>
> My focus within the XForms WG is about to become XForms 1.2, with a
> remit to try to simplify the mark-up as much as possible so that there
> is a smooth route for authors from HTML forms to XForms. The idea is
> not to lose the powerful features that stem from the MVC architecture,
> but to focus on providing abbreviations of the language that make it
> easier to learn.
>
> I volunteered for this task-force because I thought it would be good
> to see if we could make it so that there is a coherent and logical
> path through all of the W3C's forms languages, ideally one that would
> allow authors to adopt increasingly complex features as they need
> them, without having to throw away what they have learned, or code
> that they have previously written.
>
> I think this goal is achievable, and I don't think it's going to
> require any of the current forms languages to have to subsume
> themselves to any other. Of course, the proof of the pudding, as they
> say (at least in Britain) is in its eating. :)
>
> I look forward to working with you all.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mark
>
> --