Re: gdb-4.9 and gdb/testsuite failures

> Configuration: configure -v sparc-sun-sunos4.1.1 -norecursion
> I have not seen this posted yet, has any one else tried this?  I had hundreds
> of failures in the testsuite:
>
>                  === gdb Summary ===
>
>  # of expected passes 597
>  # of expected failures 130
>  # of unexpected successes 1
>  # of unexpected failures 836
>  ../gdb version 4.9 -nx

This definitely looks like something is wrong somewhere.  For this
configuration there should be no more than about 25 unexpected failures.

> So, can anyone explain to me:
>
>  - did I screw up the DejaGnu compile?
>  - did I screw up the gdb compile?

Hard to say, without further information.

>  - is gdb-4.9 that buggy?

No, at least not for sparc-sun-sunos4.1.1 configurations.  The problem is
most likely in dejagnu or the testsuite.

--- GoldED/386 2.42.G0614+
 * Origin: Everything goes the bach runter ...
 * http://search-engine-log.com