Re: 'Minutes' from OTWG meetings?

Behdad, and everyone else, please don’t use the mailing list for discussions. It’s reserved for announcements.

Use the GitHub issue tracker for any discussions, not only issue tracking:

https://github.com/w3c/font-text-cg/issues <https://github.com/w3c/font-text-cg/issues>

John and Behdad, you should duplicate this topic in the GitHub issue tracker.

> The FTCG "leadership" has already made it clear that they are not concerned with the file format per se.

I’ve never expressed that. Simon has a particular “in-between” scope in mind, but I don’t, and I don’t think the charter really dictates in that way. My understanding is that the best a group like the FTCG can do is to encompass any relevant discussions. I don’t think it’s helpful to draw a line to limit the group’s interest. I personally consider it’s harmful for anyone to express any opinions like “[the group is] not concerned with the file format per se”.

As a rather new and informal group, there really isn’t much “leadership” to talk about. If there are signs showing some are coercing the group to an inappropriate direction, please call out in the issue tracker.

Here’s a recent thread about format-level issues: https://github.com/w3c/font-text-cg/issues/8 <https://github.com/w3c/font-text-cg/issues/8>

Best,
梁海 Liang Hai
https://lianghai.github.io