Re: Moving the discussion forward

On Wednesday, 31 October 2012 at 11:16, Tobie Langel wrote:

> On 10/31/12 10:21 AM, "Jake Archibald" <jaffathecake@gmail.com (mailto:jaffathecake@gmail.com)> wrote:
>
> > On 30 October 2012 22:03, Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com (mailto:tobie@fb.com)> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Following up on Art's post below, I think it makes sense for this group
> > > concentrate on writing up the use cases, requirements and case studies
> > > as
> > > originally planned and move the rest of the conversation to the WebApps
> > > WG.
> > >
> > > Are there any objections to this?
> >
> > Agreed. Although we shouldn't shy away from criticising how the
> > current spec meets use-cases in a troublesome way.
>

> More productively, we should work with WebApps WG to make sure the new
> version of the spec meets the use-cases in an developer-friendly way.

This was clearly the issue with the original AppCache: AFAIK, it was never put in front of "real" developers before being standardised. It would be good to start thinking about how this will be road-tested early by developers to make sure it is easy to use (in some representative way). Otherwise, we risk repeating the mistakes the WHATWG made with the original version.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au