Re: Version identifier

I think it would be useful, though for detecting settings under SETTINGS in
JavaScript, I think it would be useful to put them under a settings
property on the applicationCache object. That way they're grouped together
and it'd be easy to do object detection for supported settings. Such a
property could be a read-only map of the currently defined settings and
could also have an unknown property, which could be a map of settings that
were defined under SETTINGS that weren't recognized. Anyway, just thinking
out loud, so take it with a grain of salt.

best,

- Pat